Payment and Invoice Information
Submission of an invoice is necessary in order for Accounts Payable to process payment to a vendor. An invoice should include the following information:
- Vendor's Name. Include the vendor's legal name. If payment should be made out to a different legal name because the vendor is doing business using a different name (using a DBA), specify the name the check should be made out to on the invoice. A W-9 form will be required to verify the DBA information.
- W-9 Form. Download PDF.
- Address. If payment should be remitted to an address other than the vendor's physical address, a remittance address should be specified.
- Vendor's Contact Information. Phone number, fax number, etc.
- Tax ID Number. The vendor's tax ID number other than social security number (XX-XXXXXX).
- Bill-To Address. Invoices should be mailed to:
Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center
Accounts Payable Department
757 Westwood Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1676
- Ship-To Address. If goods were shipped, indicate where the goods were shipped to. Vendors can verify shipping information by contacting the Purchasing Department. Obtaining a copy of the purchase order also ensures the validity of the order and confirms that it has been posted. All orders must have a purchase order. An invoice without a purchase order will cause a delay in payment.
- Shipped Via. If goods were shipped, indicate the shipping method used.
- Purchase Order Number. Each invoice must reference a valid purchase order number. A valid purchase order number has the format of eight numbers followed by three alpha (e.g., 12345678-WWH, SMH or CAP). Only one purchase order number should be referenced per invoice.
Purchase Orders that begin with 2807 or 2935 are handled by Campus Accounting. They can be reached at (310) 794-0197.
- Requisitioner's Information. Full name and contact information of the Buyer who placed the order or information given by the Buyer to have noted on the order.
- Invoice Number. Invoice numbers should be unique and not repeated (e.g., ABC Inc. should not use invoice number 1 more than one time). Credit memos can have the same number as the original debit invoice with a "CR" as the prefix or suffix (e.g., if the invoice number is 1, then the corresponding credit memo can be CR1 or 1CR).
- Invoice Date. The date of the invoice.
- Description. Provide a detailed description of what was ordered. This includes product name, quantity, unit price, catalog/part number, description of services rendered, etc.
- Comments or Special Instructions. Provide additional details that may help determine whether tax should be paid/accrued on the goods or services rendered. On credit memos, reference the original invoice and purchase order numbers.
- Terms. Standard payment term is NET 30.
- Shipping & Handling. If allowed under the contract between UC and vendor, shipping, handling and all other related delivery charges should be itemized and the appropriate tax should be billed. Please avoid using lump sums like "shipping and handling" so that tax can be assessed correctly.
- California Seller's Permit Number. Provide your California Seller's permit number and bill for the appropriate sales tax amount. The vendor should state if they do not have a California Seller's permit and, accordingly, not bill for sales tax.
- Sales Tax. The University of California is required to pay sales tax for taxable purchases within the state of California or use tax for purchases made outside of California. Please be sure to include the sales tax rate that you are collecting at since we service many districts.
- Amount Due. If tax, shipping or other handling fees apply, these charges should be clearly itemized.
- Questions or concerns regarding payment:
UCLA Health Accounts Payable
10920 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1700
Los Angeles, CA 90024-6541
Invoices can also be submitted electronically via email at: HealthSystemAP@mednet.ucla.edu.
Note: Omission or inadequate documentation of the above may delay payment.
UCLA Health Procurement and Strategic Sourcing
Phone: (310) 794-3620 | Fax: (310) 794-3621
10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 750
Los Angeles, CA 90024-6546
Mail Code: 171146
Monday thru Friday, 7:00 am to 5:00 pm