With a few differences or additional procedures, the same process for entering EMPAC requisitions for goods and services should be used when entering a capital equipment requisition. The differences and/or additional procedures are outlined below.
1. The following "Requester" codes should be used:
2. Account Unit and Account:
3. Enter one EMPAC requisition for each vendor PO desired. Enter the capital equipment requisition using the following instructions:
4. Enter the department contact information, comments or any other special instructions in the "Comment to Print on Headers on Internal Documents". Do not enter any information using comments that print on the purchase order. Any comments required on the purchase order will be entered by the Capital Equipment Procurement team when finalizing the purchase order.
5. Upon completion of entering the capital equipment requisition, release and print the requisition using the "Print Requisition" function (UQ111). The printed capital equipment requisition will have the required approval track/approval signatures listed. Click here for requisition printing instructions.
6. Obtain the appropriate departmental signatures, including approvals from the Associate Director and Chief Operating Officer for Westwood requests or the Chief Administrative Officer for Santa Monica requests. Electronic approvals through EMPAC cannot be done. Currently, approval signatures are required on all capital equipment requisitions. Please note that the requesting department does not need to obtain the approval of the Chief Finance Officer. Upon submitting the capital equipment requisition to Procurement and Strategic Sourcing, approvals from the Chief Finance Officer and the Capital Equipment Committee will be obtained.
7. Upon receipt of all required approvals, submit the capital equipment requisition to Procurement and Strategic Sourcing using the "Submit Capital Request" function.
8. On the "Capital Equipment Submission Form", enter all requested information. Required information is noted with an asterisk (*). Scan and attach the capital equipment requisition, vendor quote and any other back-up documentation to the form and select the "Submit" button to transmit the capital equipment request to Procurement and Strategic Sourcing.
9. An email acknowledgement including a control number will be provided upon submission of the capital equipment requisition. The control number or capital equipment requisition number can be used to obtain the processing status of the requisition. To obtain processing status, select "Search for Capital Request" from the website.
10. Procurement and Strategic Sourcing will submit all capital equipment requisitions to the Capital Equipment Committee for approval. Once approved by the committee, Procurement and Strategic Sourcing will approve the capital requisition in EMPAC and will process the purchase order.
Under UCLA Health financial policies and guidelines, training and education cannot be capitalized. Please do not include these costs in a Capital Equipment Request (CER). They should be entered as an operational expense instead.
For assistance in entering or submitting a capital equipment requisition, please contact EMPAC Support at X40391.